I would normally have written a post on some topic this week but have seen numerous things that have just got me looking at the world going…what is wrong with all of us?
Much like a brainstorming process where you need to write the idea down to get it out so you can move to the next one, I am going to try to cleanse my mind of these things by writing them down here. And then I will move on.
Some of these I have problems with for completely different reasons, and not just the main headline or point of the articles. I have shown the links so you will know exactly what you are getting if you click on them (undoubtedly, some will cause offense).
So here goes, APPARENTLY…
– It’s a feel good story if a smoking toddler quits – http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/SEAsia/Story/STIStory_574070.html
– The homeless are more responsible for their plight than we think – http://www.theawl.com/2010/08/why-is-american-selfishness-so-widespread-now
– People can be not given a job, or interviewed, because they don’t have a positive online presence – http://daveibsen.typepad.com/5_blogs_before_lunch/2010/08/rejected-outright-for-the-job-because-of-their-online-image-.html
– The American left is in serious trouble because they aren’t prepared to play as dirty as the right – http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/have-you-no-decency-083110
– US Government protection from revealing sources should only extend to traditional media – http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/commentary.aspx?id=23303
– There is a serious problem with letting people play a game from either side of a conflict when the game can be sold near an emotive location – http://www.theawl.com/2010/09/videogame-mocks-everything-america-stands-for
– You can exhibit (as art) a one night stand – http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/art-and-design/a-single-mans-onenight-stand-in-fleeting-exhibition-20100831-14f9j.html
– We don’t have to think through hoax ads – http://www.nerdcore.de/wp/2010/09/02/legendary-time-traveller-speaks/
– You ought to be the gatekeeper of your own work, rather than be forced to deal with a gatekeeper that has already earned their audience (I normally love Seth Godin’s stuff) – http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/08/just-launched-linchpin-on-the-vook-on-the-ipad.html
– We should be careful about those positive archetypes – http://www.influxinsights.com/blog/article/2576/why-do-we-trust-farmers-.html
– You can get away with it, if no one wants to come after you – http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/curtin-lecturer-implicated-in-sexformarks-scandal-with-students-20100902-14p4g.html
– We can trust announcements – http://www.theawl.com/2010/08/the-american-experiment-on-the-last-day-of-the-war
– We only do things because someone else has an agenda – http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2010/08/billionaire-koch-brothers.html
I’m sure that I will feel better soon….
Now. Moving On.
PS. “Build a bridge. Get over it.”